At Advent, we believe that the world can decarbonize faster.
Join us to make it happen!
Work with us to build the engines of the future that will replace combustion engines and diesel generators.
We are developing the next generation of hydrogen-powered fuel cells. We are a truly international global company, public in Nasdaq (ADN) with passionate people in Silicon Valley, Boston, Denmark, Germany, Greece, and Asia, committed to changing the world for the better. Now!
Job Description: DOC TECH
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Livermore, CA
This position is for a document technician “documentarian”. A Document Technician is responsible for maintaining company manufacturing documents and drawings while ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity. They compile and maintain controlled records and related files to release blueprints, drawings and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments. The document control position collects, maintains and distributes all documents necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes that ensure conformance to customer requirements.
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary using the ERP management software system
- Maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes
- Retrieve, interpret, create, distribute and/or destruct customer and internal technical documents, requirements and drawings such as BOM’s and CAD drawings through a shared network and/or FTP sites as needed following company policies
- Create and upkeep a variety of part numbers, drawings, manuals, blueprints and software in a variety of filings systems and databases. Post changes to revision level documents, release and notify affected departments
- Review new and legacy documentation for accuracy, completeness and consistency in content and format. Carry out red-line changes on internal technical documents per engineering requests
- Handle records across various departments and discuss discrepancies with document originators
- Create templates for use by various personnel/departments
- Attend initial and periodic pre-manufacturing contract meetings and provide explanation of documentation entry time
- Initiate, update, and archive ECN’s using the ERP system
- Stay current with e-mails and respond in a timely manner
- Work in a safe manner and IAW established operating procedures and practices. Maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive documents, observe all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Adobe Acrobat. Experience with VISUAL ERP or similar system is required. Demonstrated ability to learn new software packages.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with technical document review, writing and/or management in a manufacturing environment. Ability to perform data entry accurately and thoroughly with great attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated and focused with the ability to work independently and within a team of process engineers and technicians
- Demonstrate a positive professional attitude and be able to effectively communicate with management and all levels of associates in English verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to adapt to changes in priorities smoothly and easily
- Prior experience with QMS documents and defense or industrial devices preferred
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with VISUAL or SolidWorks PDM software packages
- Understands analysis and interpretation of analytical data
- Familiar with various fuel cell design concepts
- Some experience in Electrochemistry and/or Catalytic Chemistry
- Must be self starter
- Must be comfortable working in high pressure environment
- Must be comfortable working in start up environment typically with minimal support staff
- Some travel required
- Some lifting required
If you share this mentality, please send us a bio at [email protected] with the corresponding code: DOC TECH
At Advent, we believe what makes people unique is what makes them great. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive culture. Our vision is to accelerate green electrification. Diversity drives innovation. We seek to build a green and inclusive world.