At Advent, we believe that the world can decarbonize faster.
Join us to make it happen!
Work with us to build the engines of the future that will replace combustion engines and diesel generators.
We are developing the next generation of hydrogen-powered fuel cells. We are a truly international global company, public in Nasdaq (ADN) with passionate people in Silicon Valley, Boston, Denmark, Germany, Greece, and Asia, committed to changing the world for the better. Now!
Job Description: QA TECH
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Livermore, CA
The QA Specialist will work with the manufacturing department to develop and grow the sites quality management system (QMS) in support of our fuel cell business. They will ensure compliance to all governing procedures, standards and regulations. They will use common industry tools and techniques for handling customer complaints, CAPA, and data trending/analysis.
- Participate in establishing the appropriate quality standards for all incoming material
- Responsible for Incoming inspection of identified materials including Optical components, Electrical PCBA’s and Precision Machined parts. Reading detailed Inspection specifications and work instructions
- Drive appropriate material disposition following incoming inspection
- Prepare monthly inspection yield data to highlight areas of improvement and the effectiveness of previously implemented improvements
- Working with Operations and Buyers, ensure that all non-conforming material is sufficiently documented in a Non-Conforming Material Report (NCMR) and all NCMR’s are tracked through closure
- Participate in MRB review to ensure material identified as non-conforming is timely dispositioned. Work with Supply Chain and internal resources to ensure disposition is executed appropriately
- Participate in Improvement initiatives driven by issued Corrective Action Reports (CAR) to ensure continual improvement goals are achieved
- 3-5 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role with demonstrated success supporting fast-growing high technology companies
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 Quality requirements
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Technical skills and ability to understand, material specifications and assembly documents and manuals etc.
- Ability to influence others to follow rules and regulations
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork mentality
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in Arena or Agile PLM and NetSuite ERP or equivalent.
- Experience in capital equipment or electronics industry preferred
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with VISUAL or SolidWorks PDM software packages
- Understands analysis and interpretation of analytical data
- Familiar with various fuel cell design concepts
- Some experience in Electrochemistry and/or Catalytic Chemistry
- Must be self starter
- Must be comfortable working in high pressure environment
- Must be comfortable working in start up environment typically with minimal support staff.
- Some travel required
- Some lifting required
If you share this mentality, please send us a bio at firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding code: QA TECH
At Advent, we believe what makes people unique is what makes them great. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive culture. Our vision is to accelerate green electrification. Diversity drives innovation. We seek to build a green and inclusive world.