Advent Technologies is looking to hire an Information Security Manager in Boston.
The Information Security Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities relating to IT and security operations and management, including securing Advent’s global electronic applications and network, recognizing and responding to security threats, and working and consulting on IT and security matters.
This role will report to the IT Director and will be responsible for assisting with the design and operations of a robust and proactive security program to protect the Company’s critical technical infrastructure and data. The successful candidate will have the technical and collaborative skills to work closely with the IT Director to ensure the ongoing security of applications and the infrastructure, as well as the communications skills to assist in the design and execution of an information security training and awareness.
The role will also act as a trusted advisor to the company’s operations, including R&D, the legal department, and executive management to understand their needs and to recommend solutions that meet those needs while also complying with Advent’s governance policies and controls.
- Serve as an information security expert, helping to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, regulations, and recommend strategic solutions
- Serve as a point of contact for any IT and security matters, including for Advent’s non-European operations
- Implement IT and security policies, procedures, and controls
- Support adoption and expansion of new services that align with Advent’s mission
- Seek opportunities to research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, products, policies, processes, and procedures that will support security requirements for Advent and its business partners and vendors
- Recommend mitigation steps to reduce business impact of emerging information security threats and vulnerabilities
- Recognize and respond to information security incidents and identified vulnerabilities, in partnership with Advent IT
- Identify and maintain an inventory of high-risk information, high risk data that includes owner and data location
- Develop an understanding of user needs and recommend solutions
- Create and communicate best practices and standards for secure computing, and improve the information security awareness level at Advent through education and training
- Design and develop reports to measure progress and to support strategic decision making
- Participate actively in the information security community at Advent, attending Company-wide security meetings, learning lessons from others, and sharing information on lessons learned
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting; prepare specialized and ad hoc reports
- Act as a trusted advisor to the IT Director, Advent’s executive leadership, and Advent personnel and constituents
- Abide by and follow Advent’s code of conduct
Note: May be required to work outside of normal business hours and may be called during off hours when time-sensitive issues arise.
- Minimum of seven years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience in the IT and/or security industry with security architecture and/or engineering experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of computer applications, including basic user applications
- Knowledge of information security concepts, relevant standards, and tools
- Knowledge of advanced information security principles
- Demonstrated experience with systems and data query tools
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Working knowledge of system administration
- Ability to write and prepare technical reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach and collaborate
- Assist with Infrastructure / Network work as required
- This position will also participate in the design, build, configuration and support of application, server and network infrastructure as required
Certificates and Licenses:
- Hold one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), GIAC Certification
If you share this mentality, please send us your bio at firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding code: ISM_Boston
At Advent, we believe what makes people unique is what makes them great. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive culture. Our vision is to accelerate green electrification. Diversity drives innovation. We seek to build a green and inclusive world.