Advent Technologies is looking to hire a Polymer (Synthetic) Chemist in Patras, Greece.
Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a NASDAQ-listed (ADN) U.S. corporation that develops, manufactures, and assembles complete next-generation fuel cell systems, and the critical components for fuel cells in the renewable energy sector. Advent is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in California, Greece, Denmark, Germany, and the Philippines.
We are looking for a Polymer (Synthetic) Chemist with expertise in organic synthesis to support development, qualification, and manufacture of new monomers and polymers to meet a range of specific properties & standards.
- Working as part of a team in Polymer Product Development
- This role would be well-suited to someone with a higher qualification in Chemistry (MSc or PhD) and experience with developing materials in large scale (Kg’s).
- Undertaking development work to synthesize monomers/polymers meeting particular requirements and specifications.
- Qualifying materials developed to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Evaluating raw materials and processes, particularly for replacement of obsolete raw materials or products
- Investigating and resolving material and scale-up or manufacturing related problems
- Supporting process control and improvement techniques
- Producing high quality technical reports for management
- MSc. Or PhD in Synthetic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science or similar
- Proven experience in the development of materials such as monomers and polymers in larger quantities
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals and associated safety protocols
- Experience with (mini) pilot reactors and large glassware equipment
- Experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, SEC, UV-VIS etc
- Strong communication skills, able to work effectively in a team
- Able to write and present comprehensive technical report
If you share this mentality, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding code:PSC0410-P
At Advent, we believe what makes people unique is what makes them great. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive culture.